Friday, May 27, 2011

London and the Doctor Who Experience

London:  London was the first school trip, the second weekend we were there.  They took 150 students to London and essentially turned us loose.  We had the misfortune of visiting London in January, so whatever snow was there at one point was now slush and disgusting.  It rained, and it was cold, but that’s England so it was fantastic.  Despite the weather, we saw the Tower of London, St. Paul's Cathedral, Buckingham Palace, the British Museum, the British Library, the London Eye, Big Ben, Westminster Abbey, Hampton Court Palace, the Cenotaph, Trafalgar Square, the National Gallery, Boudicca's statue that is right next to Parliament, Millennium Bridge, a statue of Trajan, a pirate ship, Shakespeare's Globe, Tower Bridge, the famous red double decker buses, and I went to the Doctor Who Experience later in the trip.  We couldn’t pass up Harrod’s.  I bought a bag there, and the original price was over 60 GBP.  By a stroke of luck, I only paid 13 for it.  London was my favorite place.   Rome came in a very close second, but London was my favorite city. 

The Doctor Who Experience:  Whoo hoo!! It was an awesome day!  We took a 6am train to London and got to the exhibition hall and wandered around for a bit.  The walk-through was fantastic, I actually got to fly the TARDIS (a replica, of course, but it doesn’t matter).  We had a great time.  We met Steven Moffat, the writer of the new series.  I got to play with a life-size Dalek, and I actually elbowed children out of the way to do it.  I love the Daleks.  Honestly, I work quite well with children.  We got our pictures taken with the Daleks, the Cybermen, and we took pictures of everything.  It was absolutely marvelous, and I’m hoping we get to go back in August. 

No comments:

Post a Comment